SundaHus Material Data
Through a documentation of chemical substances, the SundaHus Material Data system creates the foundation for a systematic approach to monitoring the contents of a building over time.
The assessment of products is based on various properties and divided into five levels D, C-, C+, B or A – where A is the best.
Assessments are carried out by SundaHus chemists, who review product content information and request additional information if necessary.
- have minimal health or environmental impacts associated with the PRIO properties defined in the Swedish Chemicals Agency Priority Guide PRIO
- are not classified as hazardous to health or the environment during the construction phase
- do not affect the indoor environment negatively through high emissions of volatile organic compounds
- give minimal contribution to smog formation
- do not emit excessive levels of formaldehyde (i.e. E1 class compliant)
- provide a minimal strain on natural resources and less material to landfill deposits
- have a long service life (for selected product groups)
- are not likely to contribute to unsustainable forestry
- have good transparency regarding the product contents
To read more about the specific assessment criteria, please download this document by SundaHus Material Data.
Click for more information on BioBasedTiles® and other global environmental assessment methods such as BREEAM and LEED.
BioBasedTiles® for your next project
Are you working on a sustainable design project in Sweden or elsewhere in the world? We would love to collaborate.